  From: Tel Tofflemire
  To: Silver list
  Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 8:37 AM
  Subject: CS>A WARNING from Health CooP

  List :
  this is a warning posted yesterday on the Generic coop news letter.  I shot
back to them with my disgust, they responded.
  I think you should write to them too, if you have anything to say.   This is
a group of retired Dr.so running this company now, and they should be held
responsible for what they report.  At least with opposition.
  Their address is below
  Silver list guy
  Tel Tofflemire
  Dewey, AZ

  (gu...@ourhealthcoop.com)!

  COLLOIDAL SILVER - A WARNING!
  A lot of you write asking about how to
  make colloidal silver at home.  Think again
  fair members!  According to the FDA, no
  over-the-counter colloidal silver products
  are generally recognized as safe!

  In fact, Aldo cautions that overdosing
  can cause a condition called 'argyria,'
  which is a permanent, non-reversible
  bluish discoloration of the skin!  Alchemists
  beware!
  Woof, woof!  You've gotten introduced to the dog's
  wisdom.  Please feel free to ask Aldo questions --
  through moi (gu...@ourhealthcoop.com)!  While
  I can't promise to get every question answered,
  yours may be one that we pick for a future
  newsletter!

  Cheerio,
  Guido

  The COOP had a reply below...
  Meow Tel,

  We'll be issuing an update shortly - apologies on the colloidal silver
caution without enough context.  Some newbies were sending
  some notes with some things that scared us that they weren't being careful.

  Re the Red Rice Yeast, we'll take another look.  I have a note into the
consulting firm and have called into question the guy
  assigned to us on this last set of questions.  The owner is first rate and I
sent the note to him.

  Stay tuned.  We are working hard to support the Co-op members with quality
and low prices.  We will be sure to give conflicting
  sides fair play.  And, I'm thinking about creating a members' council of
sorts, to preview things from the Co-op.

  Thanks for taking the time to write - I appreciate it, even if it stings a
bit sometimes!

  Yours truly,

  Guido