Re: CS>CS and refusal to use it.Trem,
  I could have, and may, down the road opt for orthotics, but the $$ is a big
issue and I have about 6 friends and aquaintances who spent the hundreds on
orthotics that didn't help at all but   the $45 birkenstock blue did. Not to
say you are wrong, maybe we don't have access to properly made orthotics here,
but I just couldn't afford to take the chance. I also don't have quite as good
results as you :-( but good enough for now. I sympathize, I have also never
been able to have comfortable shoes, so would go barefoot, or wear slide on
slippers, flip flops, etc. My barefoot days are over, that's for sure.
  I've had the cortisone for other tendon problems in other joints, once with
excellent results, once with poor very short term results to show for the pain
of it. Can't face it again, and don't want the stuff in my body anyway, now
that I know more....it is amazing how much ones mental and emotional health
improves when feet don't hurt!
  In my case, tendon problems have gone from one part of my body to the other
for years. The feet are merely the latest outbreak that started early this
year. I believe the tendon problems that have plagued me  for many years now
and that have gone through one joint after the other are all related to my
intestinal problems. Candida is a strong suspect and I'm hopeful the CS will
help a lot.
paula
--

I might add that even better arch supports are orthotics.   After finally
getting the orthotics 10 or 12 years ago (maybe even longer) the pain went away

  It requires going to a podiatrist and paying for him to make a mold of your
foot and then having a lab make the fiberglass shoe insert.  In my case it was
a couple of hundred bucks and it has been the best investment in my health in
all my life.  I have 2 pairs now and put them into every shoe, boot,and slipper
I use.  I wouldn't put a shoe on without inserting them.

  My pain was so bad that the doctor had to shoot me in the heel fascia with
cortisone initially to relieve the pain before I could even get to wear them.
Once I was able to get into them it was all downhill from there.  Bucks well
spent!

  What a relief.  And to think I spent over 50 years with aching feet trying
toil figure out what the problem was and how to solve it.

  Trem