Actually an alloy might be better.  Pure silver does not dissolve in water at
all, and does not form bonds with anything to make it soluble very
easily.  However, if you connect silver and copper, you form a crude battery,
which will then develop a current, that will then allow the silver to form
colloidal silver.

Thus, it seems possible that if you put an alloy of silver and copper into an
electrolyte, the copper should react with cations such as sulfates ions,
and create a current that causes the silver atoms to get pulled into the liquid
where they might form a colloid.

A thought anyway.

Marshall