Hi Andy,

If it is silver oxide it will dissolve with hot water from the faucet.
With my squirrel cage anode setup I have used it about 48 hours at
1.19,5,9,12,&18 volts and it is as bright and shiny as when I started. I
intend to continue this study at 27v and 37 volts. there is something
very strange about the very narrow spacing, sofar the CS's have had very
very weak T.E. and the pH is close to neutral.

When I used the curved plate at 2" spacing and 37 volts it became dark
but it was not silver oxide but rather silver peroxide that has to be
removed with a scrubby.

I generally put a shoe lace on the cathode to trap most of the sludge.

For stirring I use a RAdio Shack 11/2" volt motor with 3 ohms in one
lead of  a "D" battery to slow it down so it doesn't throw water every
where. I personally prefer a rapid stir with cavitation at the stirrer.
If I don't then the metering during the run is way off track.  The
actual stirrer is a 3" piece of #14 house wire where I have removed
about 1/4" of copper from one end and that end will push on to the
motor. The other end has a 15 deg bend about 3/4" from the end. Cheap
and simple. Glue the motor to the cell lid.

"Ole Bob"