Chuck; I have read and have Bob Beck's lecture notes
http://healthalternative.freeyellow.com/bobbeck.htm#P02PAGE01
I note that he does state tap water may be ok, though he recommends distilled. You may establish the truth of what I claim by drinking a little silver nitrate in a small glass of water, or painting some on your skin, or simply referring to any medical text on it's previous use and discontinuance. Although silver chloride is pretty harmless Dr. Beck recommended against any use of salt in generating CS. Further, a veneration of past knowledge to the exclusion of new knowledge is dumb - and you are not dumb; of all people to point to "authority" as an argument to claim truth I'd not have suspected you.
Take care, Malcolm

At 11:29 PM 5/16/03 -0400, you wrote:

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:47:13 -0700, Malcolm Stebbins <s...@asis.com> wrote:

>Chuck;  This is misinformation, unless you are making a rather poor joke on
>the word overkill.

What is misinformation?
I refer you to the early work of Bob Beck, an engineer/scientist/inventor who is probably responsible for the widespread interest in colloidal silver through the
internet.
His other contributions included bioelectrification of the blood as a cure for
many diseases and bioelectromagnetic pulsing to relieve pain.
His papers and speeches used to be widely available on the net, but have slowly disappeared (I suspect a conspiracy). In anticipation, I collected copies for my
own use.

I would agree, merely because it costs me nothing to agree, that the better way
to produce CS is to use distilled water without a starter such as salt, BUT I
would have NO qualms about ingesting CS made using any potable water (tap,
mineral, distilled with a few grains of salt, or even a fruit/vegetable juice)
brewed for less than 5 minutes.
The short brew time is critical however and would be demonstrated by monitoring
the circuit current.
Distilled water use is a relatively recent refinement. It's use should not
border on hysteria.
There is no joke here except for my taglines.

>Please be aware that ingesting silver "salts" meaning a combination of
>silver with another soluable  anodic mineral or other compound could be
>anywhere from ineffective to poisonous.
>Malcolm
A bit of a strong statement. References please, or is this opinion?

                                                                Chuck

"You know that look women get when they want sex? - Me neither."
 Drew Carey

>At 03:31 PM 5/16/03 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 16 May 2003 07:55:25 -0400 (EDT), amourmalt...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> >Mineral water and as Kathi was instructed to do...back 5 years ago from a
>> >Canadian friend...add 5 drops of a sea salt solution to get it to cook.
>> >Left on for 20 minutes....our CS was made in quart jar.
>>
>>If you're going to use mineral water, might as well be tap water, it will have
>>high conductivity.
>>  Adding salt to it is definitely overkill!
>>
>>But if you ARE using this water, brew time shouldn't be longer than two or
>>three
>>minutes. Absolutely NOT twenty minutes!
>>
>>                                                         Chuck
>>Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion
>>stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet
>>paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
---