url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m60176.html
Re: CS>$$$ perpectives
From: Trem
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:31:40

Hi Trem,

Thanks for taking the time to carefully review my post. I know we all
started using the same kind of system, so everyone is used to the same
result. But I was very surprised to find what happens at much lower
current density.

When does your system go into current limiting?

At 30 ma and 22.5 sq. in. you are running at 30/22.5 = 1.33 mA/ sq. in.
That is very close to what I used to use.

So your process maintains a fairly high voltage across the cell for much
of the brew time, and the current limiting doesn't start right away.

These are ideal conditions for the formation of particles. Running at
much lower current density (~100uA/sq. in) doesn't produce them for the
same number of Coulombs transferred.

But until we can get a good handle on measuring ppm consistently, this
won't mean much to you.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett