Mike,

If this isn't badmouthing I don't know what is.  These are your words from
another post with my comments..

"Silvergen
  ---------

  I can't  find any Silvergen model at $99. If you mean  the  SG5A, it
  seems to be $119, which is $20 higher than the SilverPuppy.

  http://www.silvergen.com/General/technica.htm

    "Our electrodes are .25 inches wide and .013 inches thick. If they
    are submersed 4 inches, the total surface area will be 4.21 square
    inches. This  is  2.5 times the wetted surface  area  of  14 gauge
    wires. Therefore the current density of 14 gauge wires will be 2.5
    times higher  than the electrodes we use. What this means  is, the
    amount of  silver released using our electrodes will be  so spread
    out over the surface of the electrodes, it will be releasing  at a
    slower pace. If the silver is released more slowly,  the particles
    are smaller. They will also be more uniform in size because of the
    constant current  regulator  and stirring. The  result  is  a more
    uniform, small particle size colloid."

  A 0.013  flat ribbon will be difficult to keep straight.  This means
  it will be difficult to keep a uniform electrode spacing from top to
  bottom.

Not really.  Let's use the SG6 as the example.  This isn't rocket science and
most people can see when two electrodes are fairly parallel because they're
attached to the unit with binding posts.

  While a  small  variation  probably   doesn't  matter,  you  will be
  constantly fussing  with  it and wondering if  it  is  affecting the
  results. It is not worth the hassle.

Only a frig would fuss with something not needing fussing with.

  I'd go with 12 ga. wire. It is much stronger and will eliminate this
  area of concern.

  They claim an area of 4.21 square inches. I don't see where they get
  the extra  0.21  square inches, unless they  are  counting  the edge
  effect. This is actually a bad thing, since it increases the current
  density and  leads  to  larger  particles.  Round  wire  has uniform
  current density.

It is 4.21 inches because I did use edge area.  And it is NOT a bad thing
except in your mind.  Parallel plates work quite well.  The current density is
lower than 12 or 14 ga. wire.

  The area  calculation is wrong. 4 inches of 0.25" wide  material has
  an area  of  1 square inch. I'm not sure they can  assume  the other
  side has  equal current distribution, but if it does,  the  total is
  only 2 square inches.

The area is 4 inches.  Nowhere on our site is it stated that only the inside of
one electrode is the area to use in any calculations.  Each electrode has about
1 square inch of surface area per side.  There are two sides to each electrode.
 There are 2 electrodes.  That equals 4 inches.

  If they  are  adding the anode and cathode together to  arrive  at a
  total, they  are  deceiving you. The current  density  is calculated
  using either electrode, not both.

No deceit.  Just facts.  The total square inches of electrodes is as stated.
Current density is still much less than with wire.  If you only want to discuss
the anode and only the side facing the cathode, your calculation is correct.
Do the same with wire and only count the side facing the cathode using a 4 inch
wire.

  Their information is wrong and very deceiving.

Tell me this is not badmouthing.....

  http://www.silvergen.com/

    "SG5A and  SG5B are the original models we brought  to  the market
    years ago.  They use the same constant current  internal regulator
    as the  SG6  but do not have auto shut-off,  a  stirring  motor or
    variable PPM  control. They use external electrodes.  This colloid
    generator comes  with a four page instruction sheet,  3  foot long
    electrode lead, 2 - 1/4" wide, 5" long .999 pure silver electrodes
    and operates off standard 120 volt wall current. The  hi intensity
    light emitting  diode  (LED) indicator serves  triple  purpose. It
    indicates power ON/OFF when the unit is first turned on.  When the
    cable is  inserted into the jack and the electrodes are  placed in
    the water it then acts as a water quality indicator. If  the light
    comes on  when the electrodes are first inserted  into  the water,
    the water is not good. It has minerals in it which will hinder the
    process. With "good" water, once the process has started,  the LED
    then acts as a current flow indicator."

  The water  quality indicator shuts the system off if  it  thinks the
  water is no good.

Not true unless the water has enough mineralization to equal the resistance
that would be in the water if it was silver.  The generator works on voltage
drop across a resistance and the generator only shuts off if that resistance is
reached.  Poor water will shut it down of course and that's a good feature.
Marginal water will be seen as the production light coming on immediately.  I
have it calibrated to come on somewhere in the 3 uS range.  Under that and it
stays off at startup.  It then comes on as the water reaches that level during
production and stays on until shutdown.  It works as a water test light.... an
in production light and an indicator of process completion.  Works perfectly as
a triple purpose light.  A no brainer.....

  This prevents you from seeding a new batch with some from a previous
  run. So you cannot speed the process if your distilled water is very
  good quality.

NOT TRUE.  See the previous answer.  Once the first batch is done, one can seed
the subsequent batches if they use water of known quality which is what was
determined on the first batch.

    "SG5A inside  view. This generator uses the same  constant current
    regulator as the SG6 but does not have automatic shutoff, variable
    PPM control  or the stirring motor. You run the unit  for  a given
    time to produce the strength in PPM you desire. It can make  CS up
    to 15  PPM  with  no color. Higher  concentrations  can  produce a
    yellow color  CS because of agglomeration. This unit  is identical
    to the  SG5B but can not work with external DC voltages from  9 to
    40 volts as the SG5B can."

  Although the  cheaper  model has no stirring  motor,  I  think their
  approach to  mount the unit on top of the water container  is  a bit
  risky. I'd be concerned about it tipping over and spilling water all
  over the  place. You do not need water spills  where  electricity is
  involved. Also, the unit may fall to the floor and be damaged.

What a ridiculous idea.  The unit sits squarely centered on a jar of water.  In
fact it is a preferred method because the electrodes are automatically centered
in the water and wetted depth is always the same if they fill the vessel to the
same height each time.

  The overall design of the Silvergen is not as carefully  thought out
  as the  SilverPuppy. The price is $20 higher. You  have  to assemble
  the unit. The flat strips will be impossible to keep straight. Their
  calculations on electrode surface area are wrong and deceiving.

Our design is much more sophisticated than the Silver Puppy (sorry Ken but we
both know it's true.)  Mike, you are the one deceiving the list members.  Do
you really think variable PPM control, stirring motor and auto shutoff are poor
features.

As I said earlier.  Give me a break.  Go attack someone else for a while.

  I'd go with the SilverPuppy.

> url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m60182.html
> Re: CS>$$$ perpectives
> From: Trem
> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:08:47
>
>   > Hopefully you  won't  find something else to  fault  our  units. I
>   > think they're  the best ones available. Too bad  you  hadn't tried
>   > one before you started badmouthing them.
>
> Hi Trem,
>
> I really didn't know anyone made siver generators with flat electrodes
> until you started posting. I am not badmouthing you or your product.

Are you still sticking with your story of not badmouthing our generators.