Hi,

        Re: NOT an accident

        Sorry for the late response. Just returned from Michigan. Visited
Ford Museum/Greenfield Village.

        As you well know, most inventions are WORK!

        Thomas Edison earned over 1000 patents. One of the plaques quotes
him as saying:

 "I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by
accident. They came by work."

Best regards,
  :) Marv

Frank Key wrote:

One spin off of our research into metal colloid production was a device
which we called an "Ion To Particle" converter or ITOP for short. Starting
with metal cations in solution, a current is passed through the solution
converting some of the ions back into to atoms. The individual atoms were
then coalesced into particles using Van der Waal's force. This process could
convert some or all of the ions into particles whose size was in the 3 to 10
nm range.  ITOP is a continuous process that works with all cations
(metals).

After reviewing the theory of operation and witnessing the operation of the
ITOP, Professor George Maass affirmed the theory involved. The fact that
ITOP works exactly in accordance with our calculations would tend to confirm
that the theory is correct. If our understanding of the mechanism which
converts ions to atoms was flawed, the ITOP would not work. Then again, this
could all just be accidental, such as the invention of the filament light
bulb by Thomas Edison.

ITOP development was superceded by research that led to the development of
the Mesoprocess which produces sub-nanometer sized particles.

frank key