Hey, I may be on an Atkins diet and not know it?! : )

Hi Orpha, sounds like you've got a great diet! I too cringe at what you describe your cousins are doing. Fresh raw greens are a necessity. Pure water is a necessity. Very limited artificially sweetened foods/liquids are allowed, - total of 3 packets, or 6 teaspoons of splenda perday - equal to 6 teaspoons of regular sugar. But those liquids do not replace the required water. Nor does tea or any other beverage. Your body needs plain water to flush out what needs flushing from the body, and especially from the kidneys. Please suggest your cousins get and read the book, Dr. Atkin's New Diet Revolution. It explains the why and how. Hope they get the message. What they are doing is not healthful, and could be dangerous. But I guess you knew that. Good to hear from you, Orpha Joy