No
 Ode Coyote is not a real name.
 Name is a bastardation of Obe Wan Kanobe from Star Wars into Ode Wan
Coyote in honor of the coyote who was my main travelng companion for many
years and taught me much. The coyote [Eastern style "Coydog"] was given to
me as a pup by a Vietnam draft resistor who lived right on the
Canadian/Vermont border.

 I am familier with Peter Coyote though.  ..know 'of' him..don't "know" him.
Ken  [Ode]