I've repeatedly used Food Lion water at 4.5 uS and gotten clear CS with
the silverpuppy gen, so, it's not necessarily the higher initial
conductivity that kicks a batch into going yellow but what the higher
conductivity is caused by. [ie, not so much the contamination itself, but
what the contaminant is]

 Of course, water without any contaminants won't contain one that will kick
the batch.

Ode