url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m62818.html
Re: CS> Trem, Question about uS/PPM conversion
From: Robert Berger
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:54:59

  > Hi Mike,

  > You are chasing a wil-o- the- wisp if you think that you  can ever
  > tie ppm to uS !!

  > The whole  process  is  plagued with CO2  and  NO3  from dissolved
  > gases.

  > Just check the pH of various runs. Not often does one get a  pH of
  > 6+ . I have pH's in the 8 range as well as the 3 to 4 range.

  [...]

  > "Ole Bob"

  Hi Robert,

  Frank Key  measured the uS and ppm on some  commercial  products and
  posted the results at

    http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

  I selected five that seem to correlate well. Here is the list:

  Product Name      Conductivity  Ionic PPM  Ratio
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~
  Silver Lightning    3.3 uS/cm    3.71 ppm  0.889
  Mesosilver          3.9 uS/cm    3.9  ppm  1.0
  Sovereign Silver    9.7 uS/cm    9.22 ppm  1.052
  ASAP Solution      11.4 uS/cm   10.65 ppm  1.070
  ASAP Solution      20.1 uS/cm   19.59 ppm  1.026

  The average is

    0.889 + 1.0 + 1.052 + 1.070 + 1.026 = 5.037 / 5 = 1.0074

  It looks like the unity conversion factor is valid over quite a wide
  range of  ppm, if you believe Frank's measurements. Many  people do,
  and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

  These products  are made with different processes, so it  looks like
  the conversion  factor  is not affected by absorbed  gas  or  the cs
  process.

  I discarded one or two products that were clearly far off the curve.

  I don't  know what they did to the cs, but I now consider if  the uS
  and ppm  do  not correlate well, there is something  wrong  with the
  process, or  they  added  something to it,  or  perhaps  dw  is poor
  quality.

  Note I count only the ionic portion. My experience says the particles
  have little effect.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett