I bought these for a few years, and was a bit puzzled by an odour on
them.  Then my daughter started complaining that they smelled of her
brother.  Around the same time I saw on another forum that one needed
to wipe the tops over with an antibacterial solution to kill the sweat
bacteria they picked up.  It did seem to work wiping them over, but I
was further put off when I found that these "natural" stones contained
aluminium.  (Wasn't that a Hulda Clark observation?)   I hadn't been
able to find out what the ingredients were, though had a surprise on
one to see the word "alum".  They are just standing in the bathroom
cupboards now.
  What is potassium alum, then?  Where do they get it from?  To what
degree can it be called natural?

Rowena