> I was just curious, that if you use .999 or .9999
> silver wire, and since it is not 100% pure silver,
> what other metals are you getting in your water
> besides silver? Would that be zinc or copper too?

Hello, David,

Your question leads to another good reason to use
bullion coins instead of wire. Coins are marked with
their silver content, of course, but their non-silver content
is assayed too.
According to Littleton Coin Company, the Silver
American Eagle bullion coin is 0.9993 silver and
0.0007 copper.
Other details about the Eagle: diameter = 40.6 mm
and mass = 31.101 grams.

Best regards,

Matthew