You know, I have to admit I didn't look.  Too much of a wuss I guess--it
was bad enough just thinking I had uninvited companions.  But my
understanding is that the enzymes should have broken down anything
beyond recognition.

I'd like to complete a story others here might find helpful.

A few months ago I experienced a very severe histamine reaction, which
is what spurred me into this course of treatment.  Some on this list may
recall that I originally assumed it was poison ivy and sought help here,
only to waste 2 days due to my own misdiagnosis while the hives
continued to spread uncontrollably.  By day 3 the hives were onto my
face and into nose, mouth, ears, eyes. I had never experienced anything
like this in my 52 years--am not an allergic type, so this hit me out of
the blue.  Interestingly, once the hives had progressed to that point,
the itching almost completely stopped.  It was like some damned science
fiction special effect.

 Having no idea what else to do at that point, I went to an MD and got a
single steroid shot--which horrified me since steroids are known to shut
down the immune system.  Three hours after the shot there was a violent
reaction--a sudden intense full body hot flash along with an eruption of
vivid red blotches all over.  It was as if everything that had been
suppressed by taking generic benedryl for 3 days suddenly expressed
itself with a vengeance.  Called the MD's office and was told to take a
prescription antihistamine and call tomorrow if not better.  Not
better?  I thought I might not make it. And not a word of warning from
the MD about a possible reaction like that nor any advice as to what I
might need to do in case of a future histamine reaction.  Just gimme the
$125--thank you very much.

The result of all this was a decision that the only thing to do to
prevent a future reaction was to start a cleansing regimen.  I was
fortunate enough to find the fellow I'm working with who thinks, as
chiropractors do, that if the spine is in good shape your system will be
able to handle most anything.  My intention however is to proceed with a
liver cleanse of some kind when this parasite treatment is complete.

My best guess is that the trigger for the histamine reaction was a
pesticide, perhaps malathion, that had been covertly applied to a ditch
I had mowed the day the reaction began.  Other than that, I have no idea
what caused it, which is scary.

If anyone has any additional advice on prevention, I'd love to hear it.

Deborah