Another factor:

 Newbies simply aren't aware of how long many have been around or what
ground has been covered.
It 'looks for the world' like an existing group has formed around 'them'
and it's ALL new to everyone.

 After a few days, running enthusiasm slows down into study as the depth of
the terrain becomes more familiar.

Then too...The archives can be quite overwhealming to one who only has
simple questions.
 Newbies want everything nailed down and have every reason to believe that
it 'has been' nailed down.
 Oldbies are still forging nails.

Newbie... Just be aware that you're at the mercy of the oldbies patience.
They will re-type that simple answer for the thousanth time every now and
then.
 Part of the problem is that it ain't simple to someone who's been wearing
hip waders for a while and it's hard to sort out what a simple answer
is...then it almost always gets deeper.
 So, it's not so much that you are being ignored, it's just that
anticipation of re-writing a book that's still being written differently
every day over the course of the next few weeks that makes an oldbie groan
and wait for enthusiasm to subside a bit.

Ode