We actually don't know.  There are a number of sites on colloidal silver that
claim it is toxic to the brain, but does not pass the blood brain barrier, and
there was one paper that was published that said that metals normally blocked by
the blood brain barrier will cross it in the citrate form.  So there is some
concern.

But on the other side of the coin we have probably over a million people who use
colloidal silver and EIS, and have never had a report of a problem, so it is
likely it does not cross the barrier, or if it does it is not toxic.  As to the
citrate form, many people are mixing with Gatorade, which has citric acid in it
without any problems so that does not appear to be a problem either. And
although there have been problems with argyria with WaterOz silver citrate, as
far as I know there has never been a report of a problem with the brain or nerve
ganglia.  Any citrate should be changed to chloride immediately upon reaching
the stomach, and any that gets through would change to silver chloride upon
contact with the salt in the blood.

Marshall