I have been using Pegasus for a few years and would not go back to
any of the others that i tried, ei, netscape, mozilla, eudora, opera,
and more.  Also there is an online Pegasus Mail discussion group,
members of which answer questions quickly and easily, even when
the answer is in the very comprehensive information included. Free
or donate to help with the development costs from
http://www.pmail.com

Among many other features Pegasus has excellent search facilities.
Either finding a single word or phrase or more complex searches like
"I want to select all the messages from David that are older than 15
days, don't have any colour set on them, and aren't marked as
urgent"
Tony