One fave is salmon heads in a bucket near the stove for about a week.

-----Original Message-----
From: shakman [mailto:suizenshak...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:28 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: ***Possible Spam*** Re: CS>Inuit

Actually they do eat fermented fish and meat. They bury it for long periods
of

time in the ground, I understand, and need to eat some of it to thrive.

http://www.mercola.com/fcgi/pf/2001/jan/21/weston_price.htm

"Eskimo, or Innu, ate a diet of almost 100% animal products with hefty
amounts of fish. Walrus and seal, and other marine mammals also formed an
integral part of the diet. Blubber (fat) was consumed with relish. Innu
would gather nuts, berries, and some grasses during the short summer months,
but their diet was basically all meat and fat. Price noted that the Innu
would usually ferment their meat before eating it. That is, they would bury
it and allow it to slightly putrefy before consuming it. Innu would also eat
the partially digested grasses of caribou by cutting open their stomachs and
intestines."

Sounds tasty, eh? ;)>

Shak

John Rigby <jrig...@fablor.com> wrote:

At 08:06 AM 19/11/04, you wrote:
> Fine book called Kabloona. Is about a fellow who lived with those of
> the far north for a time. He came to enjoy the taste of rotted seal meat
> though at first simply couldn't stand the thought. When he returned to
> 'civilization' he required a transition period since a temp of 30 or so
> degrees was like a furnace to him.

Strange - the Eskimo... sorry whatevers - didn't and don't eat rotten
meat. Only the English developed that disgusting habit as far as I know -
a favourite being called "Jugged Hare".

BTW: Am I the only one here who has noticed what the address of this list

Himagain

List maintainer: Mike Devour