From: sol [mailto:sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 12:22 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Air Compressor - good flora

  So far as I know that advice hasn't changed, at least nothing has so
far changed my view of it.
Human digestion is NOT bacteria dependent, period. The so-called "good
flora" in the colon perform beneficial functions, I am certain, but
those functions have NOTHING to do with digestion. The only thing
absorbed from the colon back into the body is water. Links can be found
in a previous email.
In any case I cannot find any substantiation of whether or not probiotic

bacteria ingested survive to the colon. Nor can I find any
substantiation that common probiotic bacteria (L. acidophilus, B.
coagulans, and many others) are or would be normal colon inhabitants of
a truly natural, non-interfered with human colon. But if one wanted to
populate the colon with these, a probiotic enema would probably do the
trick, better than any input from the other end. I did find some sources

that say that B. Coagulans will colonize the small intestine even. Since

the human small intestine does not normally or naturally contain
bacteria, harmful or "beneficial" at all, I don't know whether
colonizing it with any bacteria is a very good idea.
So far as I can find out to date, dumping "beneficial" "probiotic"
bacteria into the human gut does not seem to be harmful, but that isn't
quite the same thing as saying it is entirely harmless either. I drink a

lot of CS from itme to time, and have been known to eat yogurt, and even

to take a probiotic now and then. I seem to have come to no harm from
either, but that is not definitive.
sol