Thank you Ernie. That's a decent explaination. (see below)

What I'm hearing you say is the idea that we "run out of" enzymes is
actually about what I thought it meant -- that deficiency finally
catches up with us and leads to depletion of the resources and
exhaustion of the mechanisms required to manufacture these enzymes.

At this point in the disease state, you've reached a critical stage in
its progression where the body can no longer successfully adapt to its
environment, leading to the many symptoms so many of us become
personally acquainted with.

Critical to my understanding and acceptance of your viewpoint is this
question:

If you improve your lifestyle and environment, eat better, supplement
extensively and wisely... it *is* possible to achieve good health
again? That any such exhaustion is reversible, at least from a
biological standpoint?

In an earlier message you wrote:
> The bodies digestive enzymes cannot be replenished. Once they are used
> up. That's all folks! Mind u this can and does take a while.

As you point out, even cancer is an inevitable result of the entirely
*normal* response of the body to a lengthy chain of abuses it is
ultimately incapable of handling. Yet experience shows that a dramatic
change in environment and lifestyle can reverse even late stage
cancers, sometimes even in spite of the harm done by conventional
treatement.

If such a reversal, albeit difficult, is not a physical impossibility,
then are statements like the above valid? Or only made valid by
assuming that present circumstances are insurmountable in a practical
sense?

Which might it be, sir?

Thank you,

Mike D.