Could it be that the nerve endings are simply moved and the brain doesn't know how long they should be?
There is a therapy for phantom limb syndrome that consists of looking in a mirror in a way that makes it look to the brain like the missing limb is there and stretching the remaining limb. Pain, cramping etc. goes away as the brain is fooled into thinking it stretched and excercized the missing one.

Ode

At 11:39 AM 3/17/2005 -0800, you wrote:

This I'm starting to believe has more truth than not Sally. Especially, the more I am learning about Energy Medicine in which it is noted pain and sensitivities in the arms and legs of amputees. It seems the energy meridians are still there even though the physical part is not.
Sasha

From: <mailto:khann...@yahoo.com>Sally Khanna
Date: 03/17/05 09:51:29
To: <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>waterdebate

I agree 100%, Marshall. We limit ourselves by our belief.

For instance, has anyone heard that in some societies people can regenerate extremeties simply because no one told them they can't?

Sally
<http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=54475>Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.