I think the debate is good. For instance I am going to check if EDTA will
cause silver chloride in solution to be chelated.  I would never have thought
of this without the debate.  I think it is very important if we can figure
out how all this works (since we are far past the point of knowing that it
DOES work).  The Gatorade and H2O2 were found by experimenting, not theory.
But theory shows why they do what they do, and with good theory other
improvement may become obvious to us for other enhancements.

Marshall