Marshalee, after going through approx 20 brands of powdered C, I settled
on Natrol brand Ester C. Keeping an empty stomach and increasing a
hydrochloric acid with a supplement would help rapid and a better
absorption.
 My main routine is to take 2 heaping teaspons (approx. 7,000 mg) in
juice at least 2 x a day.
  It's a calcium ascorbate. It may also help to take N actyl Cistiene
(NAC) and r-lipoic acid to keep the c re-circulating.
Pycnogenol will also do the same.
 Please keep in touch; I'd be happy to try to answer questions if I
can.....