I think a colonoscopy does pretty much examine the entire intestinal tract. My mother's surgeon insisted on showing me the photos of her colonoscopy as well as the polyps they removed (in little glass tubes). He didn't seem to notice I was gagging and looking away. He was very proud of his work. But then surgeons and other medical personnel do tend not to be squeamish.
sol