If pollutants were the only factor, everyone in that environment would
have ADHD and none in another environment would.
 There is something else in common with the effects.

 Ever stop to notice that some people don't want to pay attention?
 Maybe they find something or other dull? [What the heck "should" be
interesting?]
 No one ever tries to manipulate anyone?
 Everyone is aware of what they are doing and why?
 No one justifies anything by blaming something else? [Who decides what's
just and what's not?]

Anything can be used for many purposes...including toxins.
 Toxins may be a tool, but they're not 'the' cause.
 Remove the hammer, and thumbs may well sigh in relief.
 But then, there are rocks.  Get it?

Then again, whatever it takes to break a chain breaks a chain.
 If toxins are being used as a link in a chemical chain?
 It doesn't have to make sense, especially if the chain doesn't make sense.
 Ummm, come to think about it...there's not that much going on with humans
that does make sense.
 That's what makes us interesting.
 We are very powerful but not always very smart.
 But then, 'smart' is an opinion and depends on point of view.
 Carry on.

Ode