I'm not sure about the teeth, my cats won't let me do anything in their mouths. For the upper respiratory infection (I have a pet with chronic longterm URI, who has been on baytril for 4 years) I nebulize with a solution of CS, MSM, and DMSO. This pet of mine definitely needs extra help alongside the conventional anti-biotic. He gets ear drops too. In small mammals all that nasal/sinus/ear/ eye stuff is quite close so I put CS everywhere I can get it. The infectious bacteria must be 'hiding' somewhere nothing really gets to adequately, as with my boy, neither the nebulizing/drops nor the conventional abx alone controls it and keeps him stable.

You might like to join the SilverPets list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SilverPets/ Because of the gum/tooth infection your cat probably has, I'd bet the dental and URI infections are either the same root cause, or one worsens the other. Tooth root and gum infections are close to the sinuses too.
and ask there.

Are you giving the affected cat(s) straight CS as their drinking water?
sol

Connie Howard wrote:

Yesterday I took my eight year old cat to the vet as his front gums was really red and bleeding and swollen... He was also having lots of drainage from his nose (a greenish color). They perscribed clindamycin hydrochloride liquid (1.0 mL) twice a day. And wanted to schedule to have his two front teeth remove (the large ones; one on top and one on bottom). I bought the perscription and that is helping. This cat has had upper respirtory problems for 4 to 5 years... and I've had him to numberous vets who perscribe anti-biotics yet nothing really worked. For the last 5 months I've changed all the cats diets: I buy ground turkey and warm it up enough to get a fluid but not really cook the meat. I add MSM, L-Lysine, and Nutritional yeast (brewers yeast). Also; from the health food store I buy a bottle of herbal Immune Formual (echinacea, goldenseal, vit C, beta carotene, pau D'Arco, Shitake and Maitake Mushrooms). I added the ingrediats after heating the meat. They preferr this to another other cat food. Also, I get ONE sensitive stomack dry cat food. Also; I make my own CS using Richard Harris's formula; but I've upped the ppm to maximum on my CS maker that I purchased from SilverGen; Inc. I've two cats who had the severe upper respertory problem and do the above treatment has significantly improved their condition; but not eliminated it. Also, I mix in Immune26 or make up a drink for them 3 to 4 times a week. Do you think that I should have the two teeth removed? Is there any other options available? And can you think of anything else I might be able to do for this upper respiratory. The symptoms are drainage from nose, and sneezing (lots of it)... thanks...