An overweight friend of mine after finally being diagnosed with sleep apnea and given a CPAP machine to use at night, almost immediately began to lose weight. Her doctor told her that the common belief is that overweight causes the sleep apnea, but that actually for at least some people the sleep apnea causes the overweight. Apparently the lack of oxygen and constant fatigue from lack of sleep increases appetite----my guess is the body thinks "if I just ate something, I'd get some energy".
sol

Wendy wrote:

He is overweight (230lbs) and working on it, he doesn’t do much exercise in the form of running, biking or purposeful walking outside of daily work-about to work on that as well. He has had his nose broken many times in his childhood.