Jim, I understand that you may want to dilute a concentrated solution od CO3HNa (Sodium Bicarbonate) down with water to a reading of 4 to ppm TDS. All you have to add is water. mixing and measuring until you get the desired reading. What I don;t understand, neither you provide me with sufficient information, is the question of how much Silver carbonate (CO3Ag2) would it be formed in the process? First you are talking about a simple physical dilution of Sodium Bicarbonate and secondly you introduce a chemical reaction in which you include Silver Carbonate as one of the reactants, Where is the silver reagent coming from? do you mean to dilute the Bicarbonate solution with CS water instaed of Distilled? If that is so I would need toknow the concentration of this CS. Are the calibration of your instrument via a conductivity meter and the making of CS, perhaps, two separate and distinct procedures?
I am confused.
Thx FCR
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Holmes" <ami...@starband.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 2:31 PM
Subject: RE: CS>Sodium Bicarb for starter

I am using CS Pro's 170 V pulsed DC unit.  The instructions for adjusting
the conductivity prior to making the silver include making a concentrated
solution of Sodium Bicarbonate, and then using that and a conductivity meter
to adjust the water to between 4 and 5 PPM TDS.

Thank you for offering to do the calculations. I greatly appreciate it. I
could (probably)  do it, but it would require a couple of days of
self-taught refresher course to get it together.