CS doesn't build up the immune system, so far as I understand what it is and what it does. It kills bacteria, viruses, fungi. Reducing the "bacterial load" can help a lot when the immune system is compromised.

I thought you said the puppy was getting an antibiotic, not ivermectin. Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic, according to
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_demodectic_mange.html
My understanding is that yes, mites are a normal presence in many species, immune compromise and/or stress can allow the mites to "overgrow" which is when they become a problem. But I've never heard that demodex is caused by the immune system attacking the mites.

sol

debca...@aol.com wrote:

Sol:

Demedex is a mite. All dogs have mites. When a pup or dog gets stressed or has a weakened immune system, the immune system starts attacking the normal skin mites. That is a brief break down of Demedex. He is on Ivermectin for it, and it has cleared up dramatically. I was interested in CS for building up his immune system along with using echinachea and acidophilous (sp?) A friend told me about CS's ability to help build the immune system, get rid of colds, etc.

I want to thank everyone who has been so kind in giving me loads of information on CS. I really appreciate it. Thanks

Debbie

--
“All higher animals, including the cat, are essentially tubular.” Pollock, R.
Cornell Book of Cats.