I have a friend who needed a dental bridge.  He was quoted $4,000 in the
U.S., but also went to Tijuana and got it done (very nicely) for $700.  The
office
was clean.  The dentist spoke English (albeit not perfectly), and had gone to
a well-known dental school in southern California. Loma Linda, I believe).
If one needs extensive work done, they refer you to a motel across the border,
and send a car to pick you up from the hotel and return you afterwards, until
the work is complete.  It is risky to take a car into Tijuana uninsured, and
sometimes just difficult to find one's way around, without a knowledge of
Spanish.

If anyone is interested, I can get the phone number of this dentist from my
friend.  He checked out a number of these dentists in Tijuana from referrals;
he actually went to each office for a visual inspection, and to talk with the
dentist and personnel.

Respectfully,

Jill