This is interesting. The standards for kosher approval are reputedly very high, such that many non-Jewish consumers look for kosher products. Here we have an apparent conflict: Ivory reportedly says the product does have animal fat, according to one post. Perhaps they make a special product for kosher approval?

Like Reid Harvey, I have had great results using Ivory soap; I concur with his observations completely. But if there is an Ivory without animal fat, I would like to know! Anyone have the kosher Ivory product?