Thank YOU "me" for answering my question about Ivory soap!  I will save the
kashrut.com link, too.
I'm a Christian who decided long ago to avoid pig products; and I REALLY
strived to avoid a religious controversy here.
We are not to touch the carcass.  Those are the instructions I follow.  Period.
When my husband had a heart attack last year, the dr. said "no pork" - so we
have a valid excuse for our pig-loving (sarcastic) friends.
I prefer to stay away from pig - realizing it is in fertilizers, gelatin,
glycerin, marshmallows, vitamin capsules and many other products.
I've collected a huge file on the subject and believe the parasites in pig can
NOT be removed - even with high heat.
To each their own. It was an interesting exchange of opinions.
Respectfully, Mary
  just so you know Ivory soap is on the OK list for soaps used at Passover so
it could not have fat in it.
  If you have any questions  on cosmetics as to what has pork fat in  check  on
line for products  at K A S H R U T . C O M..  There is even a number to call
if the product you are checking is not listed.