"oldgl...@bigcountry.net" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you talking about prions, as in BSE?  Are you saying they are in pork?
> Just curious.

I am not aware of pork ever having any prion problems.  I think the problem is
that pigs are carnivorous and thus know how to deal with this type of thing,
but cows are herbivores and never ate meat, so they are very susceptible.
Humans are omnivorous, and are less susceptible than cows, but still somewhat
susceptible.  Interestingly due to BSE neither my wife nor I will eat beef,
but we do eat pork.

Marshall