Hi Jill,

I use a 3 9's set up in a quart jar. It takes approx 1-2 hours, depending on if I'm using store-bought (takes longer) or homemade distilled water. I can definitely see changes, specifically bearding on the silver wire, that lets me know when it's 'bout done. I've never used tap water, so I can't answer in relation to that. I have never officially measured what I produce. I know that what I'm making works, so that's good enough for me, but not very helpful when we're discussing it on-list.

Hope this helps,
-Raine

grace1...@aol.com wrote:

Hi Raine:
When you brew a batch, how many batteries are you using? How much water do you use? How long does it take? How do you know when it is done? Can you see changes in the water to let you know it is finished when you use distilled instead of tap water? Did you ever measure the parts per million? If so, are you able to consistently produce the same parts per million in repeated trials? Jill