> Well, I finally decided to start niacin since my cholesterol and
> triglicerides are a bit high.

I'm curious about the high readings for cholesterol and triglycerides that
others in this group are experiencing.  What do some of you think the cause is?
 For me personally the cause is...decaffinated coffee.  When I get off of it,
my readings have fallen to normal within 6 months.  Then I got back on it, I
was using 2 scoops of coffee to 2 cups water, once or twice a day, and my
triglycerides were really high.  Have heard caffinated coffee will affect
cholesterol & triglycerides less because of chemicals they use todecaffinatee
coffee.

I have loved coffee since I was a little kid.  Trying to wean off the coffee
again and trying to drink at least two cups of pau d'arco tea and finding many
cravings gone, especially chocolate and sweets, with all the stuff we got as
gifts, I can easily walk by it and it just doesn't taste so good.  Now if I
could only find something to reduce the cravings for coffee.

Cindy