I do not know whether something other than HIV is the cause of AIDS, and your ideas about HPV may be correct.

The main point, so far as I am concerned, is that the heated blood products did not cause AIDS or raise HIV in hemophiliacs who received it. Heating destroyed whatever pathogen causes elevated HIV readings and AIDS.

If the infectious agent becomes resistant to heating, we are all in big trouble if we need an infusion. However, there are artificial blood products now, and storage of one's own blood is an (expensive) option. . . .