I used to buy the Xlear xylitol nasal spray, until I realized it was giving
me high blood pressure.  I contacted the president of the company, and he
said that a small percentage of 1% of people using their product have this
reaction due to the preservative in the product and told me to just add 1/2
tsp.xylitol to 2 oz. of water, placed in a plastic nasal spray bottle  (you CAN
pry
the top off if you use some strength).  I added the  xylitol to colloidal
silver. I think this may have produced a saturated  solution of xylitol, as
some
of the crystals would not dissolve.  I never  had any fungal problems with
this, and the Xlear company said nothing  about fungus, but I assume they put
preservative in the solution for a  reason.

What was the cause of the fungus--lack of preservative?  In that case  I
wonder if the CS would do the job.

Jill