Hi Rowena,

  "Rowena" <new...@aapt.net.au> wrote:

  > Hi    Mike:    We     have     Westinghouse    Dryer    No.  LD352
  > http://www.westinghouse.com.au/product/display/model/LD352A  Not a
  > big one.

  Amazing. Thanks. I searched the site for any info, but couldn't find
  anything. Is the vent what appears to be the louvres in front?

  > Our original one (which I think overheated) did have an  outlet at
  > the back  that could probably have been fitted to a  vent. Instead
  > it just blew hot wet air out the back sideways over the sink.

  > Our only  possibility where it was placed would have been  to vent
  > it through  the  ceiling  into the  roofspace  (tiled  roof, quite
  > breezy).

  > That one  had  a filter at the back, foam,  which  would  gather a
  > layer of  lint like felt. This one has a plastic mesh  which pulls
  > off to be cleared, with louvres to direct the flow of air.

  Yes, I think they are visible in the photo.

  > But we  decided  we  didn't   want  kitchen,  laundry  or bathroom
  > dampness going into the attic.

  > We do have an extractor fan in the outside wall of the laundry.

  That should help a great deal.

  > It's quite  common here in Australia to have these  things blowing
  > out into the room. Maybe the makers think Australian houses are so
  > hot and  dry nothing could dampen them. Or maybe they know  we are
  > so trusting we will buy what they sell us without too many awkward
  > questions.

  It's a  desert  climate?  Maybe the humidity is  so  low  it doesn't
  matter. Do  you ever see condensation on the  windows  after running
  the dryer? If so, does it disappear quickly?

  If the  condensation  never appears before  running  the  dryer, and
  stays only  a  short time afterwards, maybe there is not  much  of a
  problem.

  Up here  in Canada, humidity is a big problem, especially  in winter
  when we  try to keep the warm air inside. It can get down to  -30 or
  -40 degrees  C, so it's hard to stay warm. But we still  vent dryers
  outside due to the humidity buildup.

  > Luckily these  things are so expensive to run they  don't  get the
  > chance very often.

  How much does your electricity cost per killowatt-hour?

  > Rowena

Mike M