> Thanks, Mike.  I hadn't thought of the toothbrush.  Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I didn't want to mention this first time since it is so gross, but to
remove dried gunk, try biting the end off a toothpick and use the blunt end
to pry the food out. Then finish with soap and water. Be careful to not
punch through the plastic material, though. A tear can cause the material
to start splitting. But if the seal is so old that it is splitting or badly
rusted, it's probably time for a new refrigerator.

This is one area where I believe advances in technology can really improve
the performance of the product. The refrigerator and water heater are two
of the biggest energy consumers in the household. The new insulation in
recent fridges is much better than older units, so you may save money in
the long run to trade in your old unit. Also, newer units allow you to
monitor the temperatures in the freezer compartment and main food area.
This allows you to set the temperatures to the point that keeps food safe,
but doesn't waste electricity. Plus, the newer fridges can be much easier
to clean, which is where I came in:)

Best Wishes,

Mike M
*** This message was sent to your KasMail disposable email address: silver-list@eskimo.com ***

Thanks, Mike.  I hadn't thought of the toothbrush.  Ruth