And on that (sour) note, let's not discuss the esoterica of the origins
of the Red Cross or other items *NOT RELEVANT* to the health-related
discussions at hand.

Whether the blood I donate this week ends up in the belly of a blood
drinking cultist somewhere, or, more likely, the veins of a hospital
patient, perhaps saving their life, I don't much care.

I've been told it's healthy for most men and post-menopausal women to
donate blood to reduce their iron burden from the excessive iron
supplementation of processed foods in our diets, which was the point of
the reference in the first place.

Religion and politics are not the subject of the Silver List. Civil
discussions of same may be taken to our Off Topic list.

Be well,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner