Hi Mike,

I can't tell what mail client you're using, or if it's a web-mail
system, but I do know that Outlook Express, which is by far the most
widely used e-mail client, has that trouble, too.

You can tell it to send plain text most of the time, but it often
switches over to HTML mode again when you're replying to a message sent
in that format. Of course there's *no* indication that it's doing that
until you send it and see the result. <sigh>

Ruth: It's been a while since I tried Hotmail, but I believe there's a
place where you can select Plain Text as your default e-mail format, or
possibly select it for each new message you send.

Most folks here have learned to deal with this, especially after the
dozenth time their post bounces for being too big. <grin>

I *recommend* turning off HTML, but it isn't an issue I'm going to
hammer on really hard, especially since it has a lot to do with the
primitive state of the technology used to operate this list, which is
my responsibility.

Be well,

Mike D.