Dear Sol,

I posted a message last night about that. Start a new e-mail message.
See the Tools button above the address fields? Click on that, and you
can toggle "Rich-text Editor" on or off. When it's off, all the
formatting controls disappear from the editor window and you're working
in plain text only!

I was pleased that it can be done at all.

Be well,

Mike D.