I haven't used Hotmail in years. back then they didn't even do HTML, only text and attachments.
 Most [in not all] email programs have a settings, tools or preferences menu.
The program is on the Hotmail website under your account where you access it, not on the library computer and will retain settings no matter what computer you use to log on..

Ode

At 03:44 PM 7/11/2006 -0500, you wrote:

Guess I forgot I wasn't writing to Mike , but to you, Ode. I do have a Yahoo account. Could I use that instead of hotmail? I use it only to correspond with people on a particular site connected to Yahoo. But I did have to have a Yahoo password , etc. to access this other site. I just sent an e-mail to Mike asking if the library's anti-virus system wouldn't prevent trouble with html from here. However, I may not understand all that is involved. Ruth Strackbein

From Ruth Strackbein

From: Ode Coyote <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: Dirty Dryers
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:44:44 -0400
>At 05:43 PM 7/10/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> "ruth strackbein" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi! I use the computers at our public library. The
>>librarian
>> > doesn't know how to turn of html. Maybe you can help us
>>out.
>> > Otherwise, I just won't be able to post on Eskimo. The
>>library
>> > computers are protected from scam, at least I understand they
>>are.
>> > The librarian has told me that there is a virus scan in
>>the
>> > machines here. To learn how to turn off html, we would
>>have to
>> > contact the guy that services the library computers in a wide
>>area
>> > it can take weeks to get one on the site. Hope this post
>>doesn't
>> > cause a problem. Ruth
>
> HTML isn't a property of the computer but the email program.
>There's a selection somewhere inside the program 'you' use.
> Look for tools, preferences etc menus and find a selection under
>'sending mail'
> Select "plain text"
> Searching that string in the help files might help find out where
>it resides. [I've rarely find "help" to be all that helpful ]
>
>ode
>

>--
>7/7/2006
>

>--
>The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal
>Silver.

>Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com
>
>The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...
>
>List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>

-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.