"Jim Holmes" <ami...@starband.net> wrote:

  >Marshall, et al,

  > There was  also  that study done regarding  the  production  of CS
  > during eclipses that I posted here many years ago.

  > A simple,  not  blind  experiment   but  unless  pure  fiction did
  > indicate an influence.

  Jim, I  remember  going  through that  article.  The  authors really
  didn't have  the  equipment or the understanding  to  undertake that
  experiment. The  results  could be  explained  by  simple convection
  currents in the water.

  My web  page has two experiments that show how to make  ions visible
  so you  can see how they move through the water. They both  show the
  ion movement  is   dominated   by   convection  currents,  which are
  basically random from our point of view since we cannot see them.

  But they  dominate  the production of ions in the cs  and  amount of
  silver hydroxide that is generated, which determines if the solution
  will turn yellow and the strength of the tint, ignoring other source
  of contamination.

  Unfortunately, the experimental methods ruin the cs  and contaminate
  the generator so they cannot be used while making regular cs.  But I
  have developed  a new method that shows how the ions  arrive  at the
  Nernst Diffusion  layer  and   start  making  silver  hydroxide. The
  process is clearly dominated by convection currents in the water.

  I am  preparing a new article that shows how to measure  this effect
  in production systems.

  Regards,

  Mike M.

  http://silversol.freewebpage.org/index.htm