Dear Gertrude,

You wrote:
> ... floaters....they don' t go away..with acupuncture,impossible.

I've come a *very* long way in the last decade, and one of the things
I've come to accept is that there are some unlikely sounding things
that turn out to be true in alternative medicine.

I don't know specifically about accupuncture and various eye problems,
like floaters, but I'm a *LOT* less willing to use the word
"impossible" now than a few years ago. <smile>

>  I have floaters too and the doctor could not take them away.

There are many folks here and in other alternative health forums I've
visted who've proved the doctors wrong many times. We don't ignore
them, but we evaluate what they say on an even basis with what we learn
from our own work and that of other people we come to trust.

We've learned that doctors are forced to ignore many worthwhile ideas,
leaving it up to us to research and evaluate them for ourselves.

There have been several suggestions offered earlier in this thread that
sound promising. When I hear a success story from somebody like Chuck,
who's been in the group for years, who's *not* trying to sell anything,
and has given other reliable information in the past, I'm going to
listen very carefully.

Each of us have to define our personal standards of what to believe.
When I hear an idea from people I know who don't have a commercial
interest, if it is reasonably easy/cheap/simple to test, and my
experience or research makes me reasonably confident that it's safe...
I will try new things, even when they seem a little "unlikely" by
conventional standards.

That's what works for me. <shrug>

Be well,

Mike D.