From: Garry Hobart [mailto:fireo...@nc.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 10:45 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>Battery CS Maker

You can get a quick down and dirty approximation of 5ppm by making cs to
15,000ohms or 10ppm by making it to 10,000ohms. Buy an inexpensive
digital volt/ohm meter, then measure your actual battery voltage. Use
ohms law to calculate the amperage (calculators available on the web)
for either 10K or 15K ohms. Put your ohm meter in your circuit in
series, and set to Ma (milliamps) and run your batch until the number
you are reading is the same as the one the calculator gave you. No more
guessing.
Also a fish tank bubbler or other stirring method would be a good idea.
Use only distilled water of course. Good luck. Oh, I shut of the power
and gently remove either of the wires. Not sure if it makes a difference
but there is a slight potential there...

___battery

-  ----------OHM METER-------------------o silver wire

36v @ 10Kohms = 3.6Ma
36v @ 15Kohms = 2.4Ma