On 2016-12-12 16:29, khandy21yo wrote:
Is your speed problem limited to disk access, or is it also CPU
related? Running in a browser might mean that the disk access is going
through the network, which can slow it down excessively, There are
several bottlenecks on a system, like slow disks, that don't effect
other aspects, like instruction speed, it's important to determine
exactly where the speed limits exists.
CPU instruction speed, excessive swapping, disk bandwidth, terminal
baud water, . .. They can all be a problem, and it can be more than
one at a time.

For the browser case I have the feeling it is guest device I/O from one
to the other that is taking way too long, but the real problem is that
I'm not able to gauge if I am going way over time accurate speeds and
even want to bother optimising.

For the case where I am spawning vaxen on a small small box I'm CPU bound
host wise, and not sure when to stop.