On 2016-12-12 16:09, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
For VAX-11/780 see the benchmark results and source code from Kashtan's
research.  AUUGN-V02.4.pdf starting on PDF page 24. And see Joy's
followup in AUUGN-V02.3.pdf (PDF Page 60). See
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/AUUGN

While your OS may be different it has numbers for some different
systems so may give you some rough estimates. If this code isn't online,
it would be nice to make available (maybe put on github and let us
know).

Oh, I see how I can turn that into a canary and let Travis have a ball
with it. This is a great help.

(Hopefully someday soonI will get my book completed that has this
story.)

I think I got a sneak preview of the 386BSD patchkits chapter through
the unintended wonders of google cache once. I'm a sure customer and
will probably empdapt[1] some of it.

[1]
emdaptation

[em-d-uh p-tey-shuh n]

noun

1. the state of being emdapted; running in an emulator.
2. something produced by emulating: an emdaptation of a UNIX history book.
Origins: Word play on emscripten, embiggen, emulating, adapting