All things said, though, just feel free to ask whenever there is anything.

        Johnny

On 2017-05-07 21:39, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Hi.

On 2017-05-07 21:30, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
Thank you very much.  For future reference is there a simh to RSX (or
any other OS for that matter) conversion chart for the various devices?
It would be quite handy.

I'm not aware of any. This have always been a bit of a problem in
general, as the actual hardware have other names than the device driver
names, and in some cases the device driver names are different in
different DEC OSes.
But since I think most people should not try and play around with odd
disks nowadays anyway, you mostly only needs the MSCP disks, which is DU
in all DEC OSes, as far as I can remember (except for Unix derivatives).

simh is a different (new) system, with yet a different naming scheme,
which further complicates things.

simh seem to have mostly adopted the Unix driver names for the hardware
devices. :-)

Trying to create a list, while possible, is some work, since DEC had
lots of types of devices...

Start with manuals and hardware documentation. Try to figure out what
device simh pretends, and then read the DEC documentation based on what
the actual device was called at DEC.

    Johnny

Thanks again,
Ray